There is plenty of advice out there about creating or building on success, but what about some advice straight from the horses mouth? We have trawled through a selection of tips from 20 of the UK’s most successful women and picked out the main themes. The results are summarised below into a few inspirational soundbytes:
- Be brave – take calculated risks, follow your passion, and believe in what you are doing.
- Work hard – this puts you at an advantage from the start. Do everything to the best of your ability.
- Be as honest as you can and keep your integrity – it makes life much less complicated, clearing the way for achievement. Be yourself, it’s a waste of energy to maintain a facade.
- Stay focussed and be confident – don’t waver or compromise as you move towards your goals, and don’t let people talk you out of something you truly believe in.
- Connect – build and use your peer connections. Help and support other women and build together.
- Be willing to learn – learning never stops, challenge yourself, and reap the rewards of learning each day.
These themes resonate with all of us, from career women to stay-at-home mums. In essence, if we can manage to be ourselves, take all that is great about being a woman and channel it into our lives pursuits, the results can’t fail to be good. We’ve all got it in us, it’s just a matter of tapping into that positive resource and making it deliver.